We Update the IOC list quarterly with advances in taxonomy of world birds. Significant Updates are noted under “Comments” that include citations to References. See Updates Highlighted in red font in a draft copy of the 6.2 Life List+ spreadsheet.
The web pages of the Master List are subdivided primarily by Order(s) and by sets of related families for Passeriformes. Please use the the BOW tab to get to the appropriate page, and then use the find tool on your browser to locate a particular species on a page, as needed.
Downloadable files of the IOC World Bird List include the following:
- Life List+ (v6.2, Excel File XLS, 7.6Mb, with filters and counts)
- Life List+ (v6.2, Excel File XLSX, 3.3Mb, with filters and counts)
- Master list (v6.2, Excel file XLS, 4.2Mb)
- Master list (v6.2, Excel file XLSX, 1.6Mb)
- Multilingual Version (v6.2, Excel file XLSX, 4.0Mb)
- Comparison of IOC 6.2 with other world lists (XLSX, 6.9Mb)
- XML Version (v6.2, 6.6 Mb)
- Life List+ (v6.1, Excel File XLS, 7.0Mb, with filters and counts)
- Life List+ (v6.1, Excel File XLSX, 3.0Mb, with filters and counts)
- Master list (v6.1, Excel file XLS, 4.3Mb)
- Master list (v6.1, Excel file XLSX, 1.7Mb)
- Multilingual Version (v6.1, Excel file XLSX, 4.0Mb)
- Comparison of IOC 6.1 with other world lists (XLSX, 7.6Mb)
- Comparison of IOC 6.1 with Clements 2015 (XLS, 5.53Mb) (Dave Sargeant)
- XML Version (v6.1, 6.6 Mb)
FILTERS: The Life List+ format includes filters that allow users to exclude subspecies, or extinct taxa, and various combinations of these contents, if so desired. Thanks to Peter Kovalik for creating this package. To vary the taxonomic ranks displayed, click on the black button in cell B1 (Rank). To exclude subspecies, for example, scroll down the lower list and click “ssp”. Press “ok” if needed. The check mark will disappear and the spreadsheet will recompose without subspecies. To return to the full spreadsheet, click “clear filter” at the bottom right of the filter display. To exclude extinct taxa, click on the black button in cell C1, and then on the little cross (†) in the lower list. To display only extinct taxa, click instead on “blank”.