Downloadable files of the IOC World Bird List include the following:
- Life List+ (v4.3, Excel file XLS, 7.4Mb, with filters and counts see below
- Master list (v 4.3, Excel file XLS, 4.1Mb)
- Master list (v 4.3, Excel file XLSX, 1.6Mb)
- Multilingual Version (v4.3, Excel file XLSX, 3.97Mb; Lithuanian added)
- XML Version (v4.3, 6.7 Mb)
- Comparison of IOC 4.3 with other world lists (XLS, 19.69 MB; Lithuanian added)
- Comparison of IOC 4.3 with other world lists (XLSX, 7.17 MB; Lithuanian added)
- Comparison of IOC 4.2 with Clements 6.8 (XLS, 5.7 Mb)
FILTERS: The Life List+ format includes filters that allow users to exclude subspecies, or extinct taxa, and various combinations of these contents, if so desired. Thanks to Peter Kovalik for creating this package. To vary the taxonomic ranks displayed, click on the black button in cell B1 (Rank). To exclude subspecies, for example, scroll down the lower list and click “ssp”. Press “ok” if needed. The check mark will disappear and the spreadsheet will recompose without subspecies. To return to the full spreadsheet, click “clear filter” at the bottom right of the filter display. To exclude extinct taxa, click on the black button in cell C1, and then on the little cross (†) in the lower list. To display only extinct taxa, click instead on “blank”. Counts of species in each family are provided starting with IOC 4.2, thanks again to Peter Kovalik.
NOTE : Dave Sargeant contributed his much appreciated comparison of IOC 4.2 with Clements 6.8
NOTE : Peter Kovalik’s Multilingual IOC 4.1 and successors includes hundreds of Chinese vernacular names added – almost for all species. These new Chinese names come from the webpage: http://baike.niaolei.
NOTE : Peter Kovalik’s enlarged IOC 4.1 and successors comparison file includes not only species, but also subspecies (and Clements’ group taxa) as well as two premier historical checklists: Sibley & Monroe 1993 and all volumes of Peters.